PENTA Scanner for reading travel documents
PENTA Scanner is a device for fast and efficient reading of travel documents – it scans, captures and processes data and images from the following documents: identity cards, driving licenses, passports, visas, biometric passports, credit cards, vaccination certificates.
This product will provide you with unparalleled image quality, both in normal and UV or IR light. The scanner quickly recognizes characters. In addition, the operation is very simple and thus does not require a specially trained operator. Once the document is inserted, the device automatically creates images and performs the analysis.
PENTA Scanner provides data for processing from these documents:
Health Insurance cards
Certificate of vaccination
- scanning of documents in classical light (VIZ) and infrared light (IR)
- machine readable zone reading (OCR) of ID cards, passports and visas
- Safety glass: display with scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- UV light for checking security features/authentication
- Barcode reader for reading 1D and 2D barcodes from paper and digital displays (smart watches, smart phones, tablets), e.g. boarding passes and tickets
- Magnetic stripe reader (MSR) for reading cards with magnetic stripes, e.g. loyalty, bank and credit cards
- RFID module for reading biometric passports
- special RFID module for reading Chinese travel documents
- NFC module for contactless reading, e.g. employee ID cards
- smart card reader for reading smart cards, e.g. credit and debit cards
- integrated secure access module specifically for reading SAM cards
- fully graphic display
- integrated computer: fully functional Windows computer
- all-in-one solution
- speeds up and simplifies the process of data collection, access control and identity verification
- large scan window allows scanning of entire image pages up to ID3 format
- The PENTA scanner can be equipped with a UV light and in combination with authentication software checks the authenticity of submitted documents
- compact design and scratch-resistant safety glass make the PENTA scanner an extremely stable and user-friendly device
scanners dimensions: 219.9 x 150 x 144.7 mm
active scanning area dimensions: 94 x 131 mm
connectivity: USB 2.0 host
power supply: 5 V DC +/- 5%
power consumption: max. 2.5 A
light sources: conventional (VIS), infrared (IR), ultraviolet (UV-A) optional
Image formats: JPG, BMP, PNG
Resolution: 150 to 500 dpi
The PENTA Scanner can be equipped with the following modules
Different light sources
By default, the device is equipped to work with visible and infrared light. An optional UV light source allows reliable and complete ID verification by revealing “hidden” document security features.
As a standard feature, the device works with OCR for optical character recognition and reliably reads all data from the Machine Readable and Visual Zone (MRZ).
1D and 2D barcodes can be read either from paper or from digital displays, for example on smartphones.
In order to read RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) chips on biometric passes, an RFID module can be integrated.
For contactless data collection, the terminal can be equipped with an NFC (Near Field Communication) module. This also makes you ideally prepared for future requirements.
Magnetic strip reader
Bi-directional swipe reader on the front of the magnetic stripe card reader.
Chip card reader
A module for reading smart cards can also be integrated.
DPWrite – automatic form filling
PENTA Scanner Cube
PENTA Scanner Block
* This field is required. It must be filled in.
By submitting this form, I give my consent to the processing of my personal data in accordance with GDPR principles.